Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hardcore Sim players view of the game...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Race Control
Admin

Hardcore Sim players view of the game... Empty
PostSubject: Hardcore Sim players view of the game...   Hardcore Sim players view of the game... EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 1:03 pm

Hey chaps

I picked up my F1 2010 review code (PC) on Friday, and sunk about 5
hours into it yesterday. I can't go into too much detail for risk of
breaking the embargo, but I can make a few general points:

1.) Eye watering visuals. Without doubt the sexiest racing game I've
ever seen. I'm running all settings maxed, 1920 x 1080 with 4XAA, on
my i5@3.8GHz, GTX 470 and 8GB DDR3, and it run super smoothly. The
rain effects are sublime, but the real star of the show are the
tracks. There's just so much stuff in the background that I'm often
distracted by the view.

2.) Handling is not as hardcore as iRacing. While the cars have a
propensity to spin if you apply too much gas coming out of a corner,
they don't appear to mind if you drive them across the grass at 150km/
h. I've lost count of the number of times I've cut a corner, with
hardly any slowdown as a result. The force feedback also isn't quite
as lovely as iRacing - it is good, but iRacing's bumps and steering
feel more realistic.

3.) Car damage is quite forgiving. At times it feels almost like
bumper cars - I'll often make contact with other vehicles, rubbing
tires, with no penalty. I've got damage cranked to full, and full race
penalties enabled. I'm more often given a penalty by the stewards than
seeing any physical damage.

4.) The sound engine is superb. The screaming whine of the F1 engines
are captured beautifully, as is the trackside ambiance.

5.) The AI is brutally hard. I've set it to amateur, and have come
last in every race so far. It's quite strange - while the handling
seems easy when set to full real, the AI is still hard when set to its
most basic.

6.) Overall the game is fantastic fun. While hardcore simmers may
dislike the ability to drive over grass and bump and grind with other
cars, most racers will love the way the game makes you feel like an F1
driver, piloting a rocket ship on wheels.

I can't say too much more, but I thought it'd be best to get people's
expectations in line with the final product. The game is 95% there as
a hardcore sim - it just needs the off-road and contact behaviour to
be tweaked to make it perfect for iRacing fans. Hopefully this will be
moddable by the community, or perhaps Codies could be persuaded to
release a "Hardcore mode" as DLC that is much more punishing in this
regard.

Enough talk from me - got to write for the rest of today so I can play
more tonight
Back to top Go down
https://formula360.forumotion.com
graveydavey78
Formula 360 Legend
graveydavey78

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Sim players view of the game...   Hardcore Sim players view of the game... EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 2:54 pm

sounds brilliant, though I thought the Console version would differ from their PC counterparts, as I know with games like fifa etc... they are alot different in terms of gameplay etc.. features the usual
Back to top Go down
Admin
Race Control
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Sim players view of the game...   Hardcore Sim players view of the game... EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 2:54 pm

the games are the same.
Back to top Go down
graveydavey78
Formula 360 Legend
graveydavey78

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Sim players view of the game...   Hardcore Sim players view of the game... EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 2:58 pm

ah right, bugger, I thought that if you just rubbed off another car, the stewards would be livid and set down some penalties... thats a shame...

the reason why i mentioned fifa on PC and console, is that in fifa 11 the pc version doesnt have personality + and the pro passing on it, thats why I was just wondering if the F1 was the same... Sad

I guess its better than nothing though, a few minor issues that you have pointed out that shouldnt ruin the game for everyone, and as you say, they may release a patch/dlc for it.
Back to top Go down
wiseoldduck
wiseoldduck

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Sim players view of the game...   Hardcore Sim players view of the game... EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 2:59 pm

worried about the lack of slow down on corner cutting, at least on Forza if you cut a corner to much you were penilised for it.
This is going to effect qualifing times. Not saying anyone would cheat deliberatly but it would be tempting.
Back to top Go down
graveydavey78
Formula 360 Legend
graveydavey78

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Sim players view of the game...   Hardcore Sim players view of the game... EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 3:00 pm

wiseoldduck wrote:
worried about the lack of slow down on corner cutting, at least on Forza if you cut a corner to much you were penilised for it.
This is going to effect qualifing times. Not saying anyone would cheat deliberatly but it would be tempting.

i thought they said in an interview if you were seen to make up time on laps they would penalize you at the end of it
Back to top Go down
Admin
Race Control
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Sim players view of the game...   Hardcore Sim players view of the game... EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 3:04 pm

you may not slow down , but in the rules and set up... any corner cutting will be penalised ... in qualifying the lap wont count and in the race you will get 10 seconds added your race time or even a driver through penalty... this is confirm and is nothing to worry about...

I think he was just saying that if a formula one car goes on grass it will lose control and in the game it doesnt simulate that very well.......

dont forget we are talking about a person that plays hardcore pc sims , the sort of games that if you just touch anything your race is over... I want it to be realistic but not that realistic.... it wont make much of a season when we get 12 DNF's for 19 races Razz
Back to top Go down
graveydavey78
Formula 360 Legend
graveydavey78

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Sim players view of the game...   Hardcore Sim players view of the game... EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 3:17 pm

haha... very true,as I am a pure console racer,

GRID, PGR, FORZA & DIRT.. they would be my kind of games!!

12 days can not come quick enough!!
Back to top Go down
wiseoldduck
wiseoldduck

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Sim players view of the game...   Hardcore Sim players view of the game... EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 4:02 pm

Thanks for the info, glade there is some form of penalty to make you think twice about the racing line etc;
In a way it is better because at least you may not lose touch and drop behind to much and maybe lose interest in the race.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Race Control
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Sim players view of the game...   Hardcore Sim players view of the game... EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 4:08 pm

If the game is as good as it sounds , Im hoping that even if I was running last place , I would know that a mistake , a penalty , the weather could always change the race and make it worth it for me to keep going and earn valuable points for the team...

With the weather system it makes this not all about speed , A pitstop at the wrong time could change the race or even a mistake at the pitstop....

Back to top Go down
graveydavey78
Formula 360 Legend
graveydavey78

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Sim players view of the game...   Hardcore Sim players view of the game... EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 4:11 pm

Admin wrote:
If the game is as good as it sounds , Im hoping that even if I was running last place , I would know that a mistake , a penalty , the weather could always change the race and make it worth it for me to keep going and earn valuable points for the team...

With the weather system it makes this not all about speed , A pitstop at the wrong time could change the race or even a mistake at the pitstop....

thats why I think this could be a good racing game for us all... as some are better than others, but mistakes as you said above, gives everyone a chance to get pts... Smile
Back to top Go down
c0nditi0n
Formula 360 Legend
c0nditi0n

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Sim players view of the game...   Hardcore Sim players view of the game... EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 4:41 pm

graveydavey78 wrote:
ah right, bugger, I thought that if you just rubbed off another car, the stewards would be livid and set down some penalties... thats a shame...

the reason why i mentioned fifa on PC and console, is that in fifa 11 the pc version doesnt have personality + and the pro passing on it, thats why I was just wondering if the F1 was the same... Sad

I guess its better than nothing though, a few minor issues that you have pointed out that shouldnt ruin the game for everyone, and as you say, they may release a patch/dlc for it.

Fifa 11 should have all the same as this year it is stepping up to next gen on pc
Back to top Go down
graveydavey78
Formula 360 Legend
graveydavey78

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Sim players view of the game...   Hardcore Sim players view of the game... EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 5:09 pm

c0nditi0n wrote:
graveydavey78 wrote:

Fifa 11 should have all the same as this year it is stepping up to next gen on pc

apparently on the PC version it slightly differs than the console for FIFA 11, as thats what Davey R said on the site. haha, then next FIFA 12 will be the same on PC and console.... Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Sim players view of the game...   Hardcore Sim players view of the game... Empty

Back to top Go down

Hardcore Sim players view of the game...
Page 1 of 1